Tip: Want to print the brochure?
Click on the link.
What the 3 week trip includes!
- Return flights*
- Trip related ground transportation
- Shared accommodations
- All breakfasts and most dinners.
- Many meals prepared and served to us, others we will cook and eat communally. Let’s braai (BBQ).
- 2-day safaris with a sunset cruise.
- Excursion to Victoria Falls,
- Visit a baby elephant nursery.
- Visit Sugar Bush, a Zambian leather and textile project.
- 11 days volunteering on the SEEDS projects in Mongu with ample breaks for our mini excursions.
- NOT INCLUDED-alcohol, single upgrades, additional taxis or meals and discretionary spending.
- Must provide own travel health insurance.
- Flight cancellation insurance is advised.
*price is not guaranteed and will rise the longer one waits to book.
Where in Zambia?
This “ voluntourism” trip will start and end in Lusaka, the capital city of Zambia.
After arriving in Lusaka we will stay at Kilimanjaro Country Lodge for two nights with its spacious outdoor patio and beautiful grounds.
After a restful sleep in the most comfortable beds in which you have ever slept, and a full complimentary breakfast, we will go to a baby elephant nursery and then to the Sugar Bush Textile and Leather Facility. Then early to bed as we will be up at 6am to take an air-conditioned bus to Mukambi for the 2-day safari.
We will then catch the bus to Mongu & stay at Liseli Lodge which is run by Sister Cathy of the Catholic Church Of Zambia. Mongu is our home where we will be doing the volunteer work for 11 days and then off to Livingstone to see Victoria Falls for 3 nights.
After Livingstone we will take the bus back to Lusaka, stay overnight and then catch the flight back to Toronto that afternoon.
Some volunteer duties could be:
- plant vegetable seeds in our garden
- paint signs
- build raised garden beds
- dig compost pits
- bring black soil from flood plain
- plant tree seedlings in community
- plant tree seeds in planting bags
- build a fence around nursery
- design & implement projects
- take turns cooking meals
- grocery shop
- teach children & adults
- arrange BBQ night with Farmers
There are so many ways you could contribute:
- help children practice English.
- read and bring books on gardening/permaculture to share with adults & children.
- save and bring seed catalogues with pictures as a reference.
- plan a craft with children.
- organize an art, music, drama, sports event with local children.
- build counter tops, cupboards for seed storage.
- construct a simple vegetable trellis.
- teach a skill like sewing or knitting.
- Be creative-think of your own contribution.
Join us to help people, the environment and elephants.
The projects you will be volunteering with are “The Silozi Seed Bank” and “Trees For Elephants”
Have Question or wish to inquire, go to our “Contact Us” page in the main menu or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must fill out the application form first and email it to joanne @sendseedstoafrica.org and we will get back to you!
Tip: Want to print the Application Form? Download the printer-friendly version here.
Click the link to download the brochure.
Space is limited so hope to hear from you soon!