GivingTuesday is about giving of all types – some may choose to give a financial contribution to their favorite cause or a fundraising drive, others will opt to reach out to neighbors, start an advocacy campaign, donate goods or extra supplies, or just share gratitude. If you can show generosity and share kindness, you have something to give! You can join in this global movement for unity and giving back in a variety of ways.
Discover a local fundraiser, community drive or coordinated event to join
others in your area or with your same interests in giving back — they need
your help. Like SEEDS Garage Sales Store at 1 Browning Ave. Toronto, ON., M4K 1V6
● Give to your favorite cause: Unfortunately due to the fact that people where digging into the Diabetes bin in front of SEEDS Garage Sales Store, and leaving items all over the ground, Diabetes Canada has removed the bin. THEREFORE WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING DONATIONS EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 30,2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
● Share kindness with your neighbors–check on those who are alone and may need help with errands or just a friendly voice to talk to.
● Show gratitude to healthcare workers, service providers, and other essential workers who are making sure we still have the services we rely on, even at risk to their own health.
● Post a poster or sign of support for your community workers, neighbors and passers by to cheer them up and on.
● Volunteer virtually with us! contact Joanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Encourage others to share kindness
and be generous during this time.
● Match others’ gifts to your favorite
nonprofit and make an even greater impact!
Receive an income tax receipt by donating before December 31st, 2020.
This is our manager Fredrick and a farmer he is partnering with to grow tomatoes. SEEDS provided the tomatoe seeds and the land to grow them and they both work together. They are spraying the plants with a natural pest control using chili peppers and neem oil. This will not hurt bugs, just deter them from landing on and eating the plants.
Notice the soil they have built up by bringing soil from the Zambezi flood plain close by and adding bran meal and manure. Also see the young trees planted in the fields. They will get bigger and provide shade to protect young seedlings and also loose their leaves to add humus and nitrogen to the soil.
Thanks for reading and all you do! Joanne 647 444-5534.
It has been a crazy year so I wish everyone a better 2021!